Monday, February 17, 2014

In the excellent little book by Manfred Wuketits, Animal irrational. A short (natural) history of u


Thinking, reading, reflecting. In this BLOG I want to indulge in some thoughts that are not necessarily mature enough to one that I want to share but write "polished" product. seismic
In the excellent little book by Manfred Wuketits, Animal irrational. A short (natural) history of unreason, there is a wonderful quote by Bertrand Russell from 1950 (!), The contemporary could not be. Or from a defätistischem of view considered: amazing how little has changed in 60 years. "Man is a gifted with reason living things - at least I've seismic been told I have searched carefully in my long life for proof, but have not had the luck to find them, although I have searched in many countries on three continents. . the contrary, I have seen how the world falls down continuously deeper and deeper into madness. seismic I have seen great nations that once stood at the head of civilization, but are now led by preachers bombastic nonsense astray. I've seen how cruelty, persecution, and superstition increasing by leaps and bounds. "
I am pleased that you have taken the time to read my blog. Of course, many things that I discuss here are written from a subjective point of view. Maybe you do not share some views also: I would be in any case, comments to read ... Want a quote at the end:
"I behaved as if waiting for an army of dwarves just waiting for my insight into the daily problem to translate the verdict of society and politics, and now it turns out. This army does not exist.
On the contrary, the cultural transmission proves selbstimmunisierend against seismic criticism and refutation. It is the enemy of learning and defends itself in collective unity against reinterpretation and innovation. "Rupert Riedl, evolution, and cognition, Piper (1985) :-)
I am Managing seismic Director of Sophisystems and also still working in ICT research environment. My interests are relatively wide spread, so there is this blog. If you want to know more about me, please take a look at my homepage. You will also find the opportunity to contact me. In addition, I would of course also welcome comments and criticisms of my articles very much!
2014 (4) January (2) January (2) A rational animal? Stanislaw Lem about (political) decisions ... 2013 (9) December (2) September (1) January (1) June (2) April (1) January (1) January (1) 2012 (16) December (1) November (4) October seismic (4) January (1) January (2) January (1) January (1) January (1) January (1) 2011 (12) December (1) November (1) October (1) September (1) January (1) June (2) January (1) April (1) January (1) January (1) January (1) 2010 (10) December (1) January (2) January (1) January (1) January (1) April (1) January (1) January (1) January (1) 2009 (14) December (1) January (1) January (2) January (1) January (1) June (2) January (1) March (2) January (3) 2008 (24) December (2) January (1) October (2) June (2) January (1) January (1) June (2) June (2) April (3) March (1) January (5) April (2) 2007 (24) December (2) November (4) October (3) September (1) August (3) July (1) June (2) January (1) April (2) March (2) February (1) January (2) 2006 (5) December (2) August (2) October (1)
Education (10) Society / Politics (65) Religion (5) Climate change (19) cognition (7) cosmology (2) Media (15) Medical (6) Philosophy seismic (10) Quantum (4) views (1) Systems (24) technology (18) Poll (1) Environment (36) Economy (22) History of Science (24) Epistemology (21)
DC Lindberg, The Beginnings of Western Science HJ Störig, Small world history of science N.

No comments:

Post a Comment